Which PC is better (Comment to Vote)

Hugh321

Reputable
Jul 28, 2015
Recently me and my friend have made a bet that we could make a better gaming computer than the other if we had a $1000 budget. This computer is designed for 4k gaming. Over the course of the next few days we have vigorously researched which parts we want in the system and have finally finished our theoretical builds. We want you to pick which computer is better. His build: I5 4690k (Water cooled) MSI 797 Gaming mobo G Skill Ares 16 gb 1866 DDR3 ram Kingston 120 gb ssd Hitachi Travelstar 500gb 7200 rpm hdd Asus gtx 970 Strix Corsair 430W 80+ Bronze Thermal Take Versa case (Comment Jake)

My Build AMD FX 8320e (Cooler Master RR-HT2) MSI 760GM mobo G-Skill Value Series 8gb DDR3 1333 Hitatchi Ultrastar 1tb 7200RPM Hdd EVGA 980ti ACX 2.0 CoolMax 500W 80+ Certified 2x Kingwin 120mm fans (Comment Hugh)

Why Pick Jake (Hugh's Negatives)

*Hugh's motherboard is not good at overclocking *Not a good enough CPU *Not enough ram *Graphics card money could have been spread out better *No SSD

Why Pick Hugh (Jake's Negatives) * Graphics card is very limited at 4k *Lack of fans=more heat *Not enough dedicated graphics memory *Not enough storage *Not many watts to overclock with

We will be counting votes in a couple of days

Thank you

Jul 25, 2015
Both builds are lacking at 1k, I am not sure if you were both going to a really expensive site. Each build should at lease have 1Tb of space and a boot SSD.

Assuming this is about gaming; Jack's PC has 16gb of ram which is overkill, the money could have been spent on something better. Jack's PC Also only has a 430W PSU The GTX 970 requires a 500W PSU so his build is disqualified (Kidding aside changing the ram to 8gb should make enough for a 500W psu)

Hughs build has a very lacking CPU and a boot SSD might have been better. Other than that +=Hugh's=+ PC is My pick in this competition.

TRENDING THREADS