windows 10 without windows 7 or 8.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebapee

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
Hi!
I am really interested in getting a copy of Windows 10 and noticed it released today 27.7 but the problem is i don't have a legit copy of windows 7 so i can't upgrade.
Is this release date only for those who own a legit version of 7 and 8.1 and those who don't have a previous legit MOS have to wait for another release date for single win 10 licences to be sold?
Like what would i do if i was building a brand new rig and wanted to install Windows 10 on it?

I hope you understand what i mean and ask.

Sincerely

-Sebastian

Solution
You can buy either Windows 7, or 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10. However I'm thinking that you'll be able to buy a product key for Windows 10 online with MicroSoft, Amazon, or order the DVD from NewEgg, Tigerdirect, etc, starting today.

There has to be physical install media in the channel now. Windows 10 went RTM weeks ago, meaning they've had all that time to press DVD's and package and ship them.
You can buy either Windows 7, or 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10. However I'm thinking that you'll be able to buy a product key for Windows 10 online with MicroSoft, Amazon, or order the DVD from NewEgg, Tigerdirect, etc, starting today.

There has to be physical install media in the channel now. Windows 10 went RTM weeks ago, meaning they've had all that time to press DVD's and package and ship them.

Solution

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Well, I think it goes without saying that if you don't have a legit copy of Windows you are not entitled to the free upgrade.
That being said, it depends on how well the DRM will work in this case (if it actually asks for a previous key and checks it's validity).

Status
Not open for further replies.