Problems with display, coloured blocks all over screen.

Sayers

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
I have these blocks all over my screen mainly white and sometimes they flicker blue and pink. I had to reinstall windows due to an undoing changes error which kept occurring and everything was fine then I reinstalled my driver for my graphics card the gtx 970 on windows 8.1 64 bit and this error occurred. Not sure what to do and I'm not sure if my graph is driver even fully installed. When I try to re run the driver installation it encounters an error, what do I do ?

Sayers

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Bought the card new from Amazon and installed the latest driver from the nvidia site.

Sayers

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Bought the card new from Amazon and installed the latest driver from the nvidia site.

does your motherboard also have onboard video to see if still have a problem? can you try another monitor to see in not a monitor issue? reseat the videocard & the psu power cable that plugs into it. can you try the card in another computer to see if the problem follows it or not?

Sayers

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015

So I've unplugged my GPU and plugged the HDMI strait into my motherboard and the problem went away completely however I'm wondering if it's the GPU the motherboard slot or the drivers? How can I find out?