Ok, so I today I upgraded to Windows 10. Its all working fine except whenever I try to use google chrome or internet explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudePalmerr

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Ok, so I today I upgraded to Windows 10. Its all working fine except whenever I try to use google chrome or internet explorer it brings up adds saying brought by 'offers4u'. I have attempted to remove it using Avast Scans, Malwarebytes and adwcleaner, however it is still there.

Solution
Hello JudePalmerr

I assume the issue existed on your PC before upgrading to Windows 10 too.

If any anti-malware or anti-adware is unable to resolve the problem, you can manually uninstall the files from your PC by going to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program (under the Programs category) and looking for the files responsible for such ads.

Some unwanted programs that you may want to search and uninstall from your PC are:

> Safer-Surf
> Babylon Toolbar
> Allyrics
> Offers4U
> Price Minus
> SalePlus
> OfferWizard

If you do not find any of the above applications in the list, you can reset the problematic web browsers' settings back to default.

For Internet Explorer:

> Open Internet Explorer.

> Go to Tools...
Hello JudePalmerr

I assume the issue existed on your PC before upgrading to Windows 10 too.

If any anti-malware or anti-adware is unable to resolve the problem, you can manually uninstall the files from your PC by going to the Control Panel > Uninstall a program (under the Programs category) and looking for the files responsible for such ads.

Some unwanted programs that you may want to search and uninstall from your PC are:

> Safer-Surf
> Babylon Toolbar
> Allyrics
> Offers4U
> Price Minus
> SalePlus
> OfferWizard

If you do not find any of the above applications in the list, you can reset the problematic web browsers' settings back to default.

For Internet Explorer:

> Open Internet Explorer.

> Go to Tools > Internet Options.

> Go to the Advanced tab.

> Click the Restore advanced settings button.

For Google Chrome

> Open Google Chrome.

> Click the Menu button (with three horizontal lines) from the top-right corner.

> Click Settings from the displayed options.

> From the bottom of the right pane of the Settings window, click the Show advanced settings link.

> From the bottom of the displayed advanced settings options, click the Reset settings button from under the Reset settings section.

> Close the web browser and restart the computer.

> Check if the issue has been resolved.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.