Windows 10 problems on 8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garon Booth

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Hi I recently started to download windows 10 and I did it started to restart my computer to download it, went to 100% and I jump back on to find out it is still win 8.1 it said windows 10 failed to update because of this reason. WindowsUpdate_C1900101 thanks for any help

Solution
UPDATE: I have found my solution. Some mobos out there particularly MSI you must un-overclock you cpu before upgrading. Which is what I did, and it worked charms UNTIL I tried to overclock it back to 4.2ghz in windows 10 and it gives you a never ending boot loop. The problem occurs on the g3258 at least that I know of. So to operate on windows 10 you must have no OC atm until they fix this.
Hello Garon Booth

Many times this problem occurs due to Ralink's Bluetooth and WLAN drivers that your current operating system may have. However before making any major changes such as removing some important drivers from your PC, you may want to check the suggested answer in this post that seems to have provided solution to the same issue to some users.

If the problem persists, you can uninstall the WLAN and Bluetooth drivers from computer and then retry upgrading to Windows 10.

If none of the above solutions work, as a last resort you can download the .ISO image of Windows 10 and can try upgrading your current OS to the latest in offline mode.

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck!!

#1 Reason upgrade will fail: Using DUAL DRIVES. If you have a SSD and a HDD but moved your profile / other key folders to 'D:' Windows Upgrade will fail till you relocate everything back to the C Drive.

Otherwise can be any number of things including that the Servers are overtaxed at this moment (we are talking over a BILLION copies of Windows exists out there).

Garon Booth

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

alrighty thanks im not seeing any wlan drivers in the device manager though? any help?

Hello again Garon Booth

It should be there. You can find it under the Network adapters tree.

Cheers!!

Garon Booth

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

sadly it did not work. So my next step was to use an iso which I did...but I got the exact same problem it said this:
C1900101 - 0X20017
the installation failed in the safe_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

Garon Booth

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
UPDATE: I have found my solution. Some mobos out there particularly MSI you must un-overclock you cpu before upgrading. Which is what I did, and it worked charms UNTIL I tried to overclock it back to 4.2ghz in windows 10 and it gives you a never ending boot loop. The problem occurs on the g3258 at least that I know of. So to operate on windows 10 you must have no OC atm until they fix this.

Solution
Added note; Numerous CISCO (Linksys) devices A) install CISCO VPN which doesn't get removed in the upgrade so there is several steps to 'try' and B) MOST IMPORTANT - CHECK YOUR HARDWARE IS COMPATIBLE. Some models of devices are NOT Win8 and thus NOT Win10 compatible and won't work even if it says properly installed and 'working'.

Status
Not open for further replies.