error sound when shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

edd2057

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
I upgraded to windows 10 today , I defraged my hard drive , I clean up my disk and everything is up and running smooth but one thing that annoys me right now is that everytime I shutdown windows 10 , I hear that sound when u get an error , HELP please

Solution
Try going into system sounds and check if any program events are using your error sound, and set it to none.

To find out what program could be throwing an error just as your computer shuts down. Check out the 'startup' tab in the task manager, when you just booted in. So nothing but those programs are running. Then disable them either one by one or a few at a time and basically it'll be a process of elimination. While restarting each time.

xmax

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Try going into system sounds and check if any program events are using your error sound, and set it to none.

To find out what program could be throwing an error just as your computer shuts down. Check out the 'startup' tab in the task manager, when you just booted in. So nothing but those programs are running. Then disable them either one by one or a few at a time and basically it'll be a process of elimination. While restarting each time.

Solution

edd2057

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015

edd2057

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
xmax you are awesome , I fixed it , I went into the task manager and disable something called (program ) , now I don't get the windows error sound everytime I shutdown , windows 10 is amazing so far

Status
Not open for further replies.