Upgraded to Win 10 - Cant Play MineCraft! Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obliterations_

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Hello, I recently upgraded to windows 10, it amazing. I cant play minecraft smoothly as I did on windows 8 and 8.1. I use to average 70-100 FPS on windows 8 and 8.1. I recently upgraded and now my Minecraft is running on 2-20 fps. Sometimes it goes up to 70 then drops back down to 2 or 3 fps. I can run CSGO smoothly on 70-150 FPS. its fascinating that I can run a more demanding game smoothy and cant even run minecraft above 30 fps without dropping now. I don't want to downgrade. anyone had a solution to this? there must be one since I can run a more demanding game smoothly and since I use to run mc on my previous OS on like 70-100 FPS.

Solution
Just tested MC myself. Fresh install of it. Works just fine.
Just delete everything minecraft related, or back it up instead. And start the launcher letting it do a fresh installation.

MC supports Windows 10.
It is most likely that mincraft may have not upgraded its drivers to fully support win 10. I am not entirely sure as I don't play that game but I had similar issues with 2 other games, neverwinter and just cause 2. Both these games never passed the loading screen, just cause 2 came with an error.

Just to let you all know I am running win 8.1 64 bit. Sometimes games either are completely incompatible or they have not upgraded their drivers to support new systems.

My best suggestion is to try and run it in compatibility mode if you can. Otherwise wait for minecraft to support win 10. Also did you upgrade early or did you officially receive the notification for win 10?

xmax

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Just tested MC myself. Fresh install of it. Works just fine.
Just delete everything minecraft related, or back it up instead. And start the launcher letting it do a fresh installation.

MC supports Windows 10.

Solution

Benjamin_4

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

Bruv your only mistake was upgrading to windows 10. That's what I did and honestly its like buying a car from the factory, before they finished building it. Microsoft released windows 10 without ensuring that it is fully functional and now many programs don't work, and others just slow downt eh computer, drain battery life, and suck up internet speed down to nothing.

Also Microsoft purchased minecraft and the windows 10 version SUCKS. seriously I would NOT recommend buying it. Want to know what minecraft windows 10 is like? imaging minecraft pocket edition.... ON YOUR COMPUTER.... there! that's the truth.

To anyone who has NOT yet commited this grievieous error of "upgaring to windows 10" aka fucking up your computer for the next couple of months, DO NOT DO IT. You will regret it! Intel doesn't even have graphics drivers that are compatible with win 10 yet!

Bades1978

Reputable
Oct 26, 2015

Exact same issue here can run GTA V in max settings but can not run MC smooth I have done all the drivers and double checked them, ran as admin/different compatibilities with no luck. Did you try a clean install of Windows 10 yet? it is my next thing to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.