Mic wont work after windows 10 update, any ideas?

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
So after I updated to windows 10, all my settings went back to default (custom resolution, monitor icc profiles etc). That was fine, I changed it all back but one thing I cant get fixed is the fact that my mic from my iphone headphones will not work as they did prior to this install). The problem is 100% with realtek audio manager and i cant seem to find the settings that would fix it. I know its realtek because after I uninstall realtek and restart, my default sound card goes to HD audio manager instead of realtek and then my mic works perfectly fine right after.

Any idea of how I can get realtek to make my mic work? or to uninstall realtek as a whole?
Everytime I uninstall realtek, it automatically installs its way back to my computer. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

edit: also, my webcam that is connected to a usb in the rear works perfectly fine, however, the quality of it isnt as good as my iphone headphones so i'd still like to get that fixed.

Solution

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

So do you think its literally just window 10s fault?

DaronMal

Distinguished

I won't guarantee it, but I honestly wouldn't doubt it, brand new OS, not everyone pushed out drivers, especially if your product is older, they might just figure "Who cares, if you want Win. 10 compatibility, buy the new stuff!"

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

Tbh, I think its just realtek that needs to update their compatibility with windows 10.. like i said in my original post, as soon as i uninstall realtek my mic works which is pretty odd. i just need to figure out a way to uninstall realtek permantely

DaronMal

Distinguished

What mic do you have? What is the full name of the audio driver it installs? (On Windows 7 you can check under Device Manager, i dont use 8 or 10)

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

I use iphone 6 headphones. I use an adapter that connects to the green and pink port so using it as a headphone and a mic is possible on the PC.
Driver it installs is Realtek High Definition Driver, audio codec is ALC892.

DaronMal

Distinguished

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Try that link, depending on 32 bit OS or 64 bit OS. Either the first or 2nd download.

Solution

krilla95

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

Thats a ton dude, I just got around to install the latest version that you linked and it works!

DaronMal

Distinguished

Thats great news! :) Realtek's site is a PAIN to navigate, it hasn't changed or been updated other than download links for like years, 800x600 resolution....

DunDe

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015

I actually had the problem on win 8.1 too, but no resolve........

Myk0rpz

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry, but it didnt work for me. Ive been trying to go around it with using USB's and Having extension cables to place it somewhere else but it just doesnt work. I downloaded that driver and it made no difference. I have a Razer kraken pro neon.