Does Windows 10 with Linksys AE2500 work? (Wifi Adapter)

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
So I use a Wifi adapter as I'm not able to hardwire called "Linksys AE2500."

I tried installing Windows 10 and it did not recognize the adapter at all. It wouldn't recognize manufacturer, drivers, or anything, I had to revert back to 8.1

Does anyone know a fix for this? Does the adapter work for Windows 10 for anyone else?

Emanuel Elmo

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014

did you try to go to the manufacture website and see if they have a driver available?

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

Is is possible to extract drivers then onto a USB, Upgrade to WIN 10, then manual install drivers? If so how can I do this?

Nitesdeath

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014

How do I do this.

paweld

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Actually there is a easy solution (just did it myself). Go to Linksys webpage and download the latest (win 7) drivers. Copy those drivers to your Win 10 machine and unpack them.

(you can ignore this park if you know how to use device manager :p) Start by clicking new/old start button and type devices. On the search result list you will have "Add or remove devices". Click it, in the new window you should have a list of "other devices". In my case the AE2500 was there with status "bla bla not instaled Need internet connection etc." If you dont see it on the list remove the adapter and plug in once again to the usb socket.

Now you need to do one more thing. Click start and type device manager. In the tree you have a nood Other Devices there you should see the AE2500 adapter. Click right button on it and select properties. There you will find Update Driver button. Click it and do the whole procedure (when the wizard will ask you about dirver location choose local hd and point it to the location of unpacked win 7 drivers.) Worked like charm in my case.

PD

Axl Surette

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015

Did you install the Win7 drivers before or after upgrading to Win10? I'm having this same problem with the same adapter, and it'd be nice to know if I should unpack the drivers, install, then upgrade, or unpack them, upgrade, then install.

sweetdremz

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015

This worked like a charm and it was so simple. Thank you! #

Sounds similar to this TPlink wireless adapter.

Altho Win10 did install drivers for it, it only 1/2 worked (the 2.4 ghz side) the 5 ghz didnt. You couldnt connect to it.

Because the SSID didnt appear in Windows

Had to download drivers from the Mediatek site (which lets me connect to either).

Since the TPlink 8 drivers, the windows drivers, and the windowsupdate drivers didnt work

And TPLink havent updated the drivers, so they work in Win10

hals41

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
Hannah - Thanks for the answer and the url. Worked easily as you said. Only thing I would add (for people who use your link) is that you have to click on one other item on that page. I think it says : get drivers, or support. Thanks again.

Hannah Cameron

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015

Oh yeah sorry you have to click on Version 1.0 (that just expands the selection field and then you can scroll down and pick setup software)

rubber-duck

Reputable
Oct 1, 2015
I had the same problem and started my own troubleshooter before looking it up on google.

first find your device under settings, devices, linked devices, device manager (it is in green at the bottom) (don't know if this is 100% correct, because my windows is in dutch)

on my pc the device had a yellow triangle. right click on it and search for drivers on the pc. i did the search on C:\ and that worked for me.

this way you don't need internet connection

zburrows7

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013

This worked amazing for me. Thank you!