Windows 10 Unbelievably slow

Aladdad

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
I can't, i just can't its too slow i had to force restart my pc for 3 times now everytime it gets even worse. Last restart by PC booted and logged into windows my background went black and my Account profile Picture went missing..then my PC froze for almost 10 minutes. i have a good PC that was running Windows 7 VERY SMOOTH without any issues..but this i can't take... about to restart for the 4th time now..

Aladdad

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Oh well.

NunoAntunes

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Hello!
If you are currently having issues with windows 10, you should consider one of two things:
1- Making a clean copy of windows 10:
Pros: You get to keep windows 10; Fresh and clean install
Cons: Not sure if it will solve the issue; takes longer; you need to backup your data somewhere and you will have to reinstall your programs back again.
This process is fairly easy and there are tons of tutorials to make a fresh install on w10 on the internet so you can give it a shot, it has no risks whatsoever.

2- Downgrading back to your windows 7:
Pros: Really easy, no hassle
Cons: You won't have Windows 10 just yet; You'll lose some programs;
For this you just go to windows 10 settings, Update and Security, Recovery and in the "Go back to windows 7", you click Restore. Now just playing the patience game and windows will do the work for you :)

Good luck!
Nuno

Aladdad

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Okaaaaaaay, i figured out the problem.

it was CoreTemp it was set to start up with windows apperantly Windows 10 don't like Core Temp if i close it everything become good and fine once it run Windows 10 Goes all crazy and freezes up, it was fine on Windows 7 tho o_O

xmax

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013

I'd never trust their 'upgrading'. I always do a fresh install and everything works fine.

NunoAntunes

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

From what I've heard, you cannot clean install windows without upgrading it first this way.
Because upgrading is the only way your key will go from a normal w7/w8 key to a w10 license.
So you still have to upgrade it first.

Hassan Rashid

Honorable
May 14, 2013
From what I've heard, you cannot clean install windows without upgrading it first this way.
Because upgrading is the only way your key will go from a normal w7/w8 key to a w10 license.
So you still have to upgrade it first.

You sure doing a clean install would fix this issue?

NunoAntunes

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014

Well, I can't be 100% sure but it most likely will since it's probable to be incompatibility issues or any other install issue that occured.
But I think he's already solved it, he said it was CoreTemp.

Aladdad

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
About to roll back to widnows 7. i regret upgrading, might consider it again later when it gets more stable. might even do a fresh windows install after whats been happening. im doubting the roll back option.

Hassan Rashid

Honorable
May 14, 2013

I upgraded yesterday and am having the same issue although I don't have any fancy software installed. Not too slow, but Windows 7 was faster. For example, when I hit the Start button first time after opening up the PC it takes 3-4 seconds to pop up. When I press it again it opens up quicker.

bkramp

Reputable
Aug 14, 2015
I have the same issue and would like to try your method of closing Core Temp. I would like to know first of all if you replaced Core Temp with any other software???

Aladdad

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

nope i just went back to Windows 7, corsair link wasn't working and Core temp caused freezing also some apps wouldn't even run so i was like [language] it.

SuperAdithya

Reputable
May 24, 2014
EVen I. I have a Dell INspiron 1440 that came with Win7 Pro. It was really smooth, even if it had only a Core2 DUO @2.20Ghz & 4GB (new) RAM. I brought a new 1tb hdd due to lack of space, and I decided to do a clean install of Win10. I just clean installed, then installed few basic programs. The bootup is damn slow, Windows explorer is really, really f***ing slow annoying s**t, & the overall responsiveness of all the apps is really slow. EVen internet is too slow s**t. Microsoft has really gone mad by making such a dumb damn-damn-daaaaaaaaamn-laaggy OS. Win7 was such a masterpiece! Anyways, I am gonna abandon Win10 & clone my previous Win7 hdd. :)

Harish Thotli

Commendable
May 16, 2016
FInally a working solution!!!!

I had similar problem with my laptop but I came to know that this problem has nothing to do with hardware specs. Here is the working solution which will bring your windows 10 back to life.

Go to start menu - settings - Notifications and actions - turn off "show me tips about Windows"

Restart your machine and everything should be normal again..