Is there a way to change my default microsoft account linked with my Windows 10 PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyChuckaboo

Honorable
Apr 11, 2014
So I installed Windows 10 onto my PC last night. However, it is using my mothers Microsoft Account as the default account... Is there a way to completely change the default account to my current one? I have tried tinkering with new accounts and giving them admin rights but I still want my mums account completely gone from my system so I can sign in with only my account visible? Is there a way to do this? I have made a post on the Microsoft Commuinty page but wanted to test the waters here as well. Thank you.

Solution
Not sure if this works, because I haven't tested it myself (no reason to).
But go to Run>netplwiz and then go to advanced and advanced again under 'Advanced user management'. Under 'Users' you can right click and delete accounts. Creating accounts should be possible with the 'Add' button in the 'users' tab where you started.

xmax

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
Not sure if this works, because I haven't tested it myself (no reason to).
But go to Run>netplwiz and then go to advanced and advanced again under 'Advanced user management'. Under 'Users' you can right click and delete accounts. Creating accounts should be possible with the 'Add' button in the 'users' tab where you started.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS