Black screen part way through install, stops responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmace

Honorable
May 26, 2012
A few of us have Dell laptops (mine is 7537) are having problems updating to Windows 10. Can anyone help?
Just after installing drivers, the screen goes black with NO cursor, the HDD light stays on solid, the computer no longer responds (there's a backlight on the laptop screen), personally, I've left mine for over 8 hours while at work, nothing happens.
Powering off and back on restores the installation procedure and it does the same again within a couple of minutes.
Powering off and back on again restores Win 8.1 where it deletes the Win 10 files and re-downloads it all, I've tried this 4 times so far.
These laptops have NVidia AND Intel graphics, all drivers are up to date before installing
there's nothing in the BIOS of my laptop to disable multi-monitor or either of the gfx cards

some people have reported they can press enter, enter their password, press enter again, wait a few minutes, then press Win+P, arrow down twice and press enter to get something to display, the majority of us do not get this though so we assume it's a different issue with ours. Everyone I know who's having this issue has the same model laptop or a Dell Alienware. There's a post on the Dell forums but we've not got anywhere.

Can anyone help/advise?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.