Error, not installing Windows 10 even after re-download.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansh Nanda

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
I found this solution on a site,

"What this error means is, your Windows 10 installation folder is unfinished and/or corrupted. Now, how do you fix that?
1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.
Good Luck! ;)"

I followed the steps exactly, twice and it still doesnt work.

On another site they told me to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download a program. Whenever i run the program it simply says "Something Happened" and closes.

Please help I really want Windows 10.

Solution
Yeah mine does the same. I've downloaded a total of 9 or 10 times now. I've tried the upgrade my PC and create an installer option on a USB drive.

It downloads fine. Verifies the download fine. But as it compiles the media it fails around 27% or so every time. Sometimes it says "Something happened". Other times the program simply disappears.

I've deleted the software-dowload folder. I've deleted the Windows BT folder that's created. I've rebooted. I've disabled antivirus.

Granted I'm trying to force install using their MediaCreationTool off the MS website. Windows Update won't give me the update yet.
Yeah mine does the same. I've downloaded a total of 9 or 10 times now. I've tried the upgrade my PC and create an installer option on a USB drive.

It downloads fine. Verifies the download fine. But as it compiles the media it fails around 27% or so every time. Sometimes it says "Something happened". Other times the program simply disappears.

I've deleted the software-dowload folder. I've deleted the Windows BT folder that's created. I've rebooted. I've disabled antivirus.

Granted I'm trying to force install using their MediaCreationTool off the MS website. Windows Update won't give me the update yet.

Solution

Ansh Nanda

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

Mine worked by using an installation usb media. For you I recommend grabbing another computer, making the media on that then running the setup file while in Windows 7/8/8.1 and then installing Windows 10. Hopefully it works for you too
:)

Ansh Nanda

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.