AMD Radeon R9 270X and Samsung LCD 2233RZ Compatibility

roudy5

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
Hello, i'm new to the forum, i've been searching online for like 2 hours to get my question answered but i still haven't got a clear answer, i'm willing to buy the Samsung LCD 2233RZ monitor in order to play my games in 3D mode, however i saw in the monitor description that it works easily with nVidia 3D vision kit without mentioning its compatibility with amd cards.
My card is: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X TOXIC Edition, so my question is can i play games in 3D using this monitor with my amd card ? (Sorry if the answer is obvious but i'm completely new to 3D stuff..)

Solution
That is not a real 3D monitor. It is just a 120z monitor that can be used to run the Nvidia 3D Vision package.

Any 120hz monitor with dual link DVI input works with the 3D software.

AMD has their own version of this you should look at.

Both require you buying the glasses at minimum.

But, that Samsung is an old monitor that is less than 1080p. I would buy a 1080p monitor and just do normal gaming. I have used Nvidia 3d Vision before and it is not really very enjoyable. Gives you a headache.
That is not a real 3D monitor. It is just a 120z monitor that can be used to run the Nvidia 3D Vision package.

Any 120hz monitor with dual link DVI input works with the 3D software.

AMD has their own version of this you should look at.

Both require you buying the glasses at minimum.

But, that Samsung is an old monitor that is less than 1080p. I would buy a 1080p monitor and just do normal gaming. I have used Nvidia 3d Vision before and it is not really very enjoyable. Gives you a headache.

Solution

roudy5

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

So i have to download third-party drivers like iZ3D to get it to work with my card ? And do i have to buy a specific glasses or any 3D glasses works ?
I'm currently on a LG 20EN33 monitor at 1600x900 resolution, i have my eyes on this Samsung monitor cz it has a bit higher resolution (Don't want a big resolution so my card would still be able to max all the games) and double the refresh rate + 3D capability. Can't i play games in normal mode in case i got disturbed using this kind of monitors ?