Windopws 10 key code and Iso Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I have windows 10 it's the upgrade from windows 7 hoime premium Well I have run into some slow issues and different things of that sort. The question I have is... Can you tell me how I would go about creating an Iso image On dvd or a usb flash drive so I can do a full format of my drive and start from scratch I hear that is the way a lot of people are doing it but you have to download 10 first and where I can find the product key cause I would guess that I would need that also. I have checked my aol email and I never got the key code in an email or anything.

Otherwise I will buy windows 10 Online

Thank you

Kinnyr90

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012

So if I do this reinstall that you are talking about I will have to save all the files that are on my c drive right? SSD? dOES THIS DO A FULL format of my drive or does it just go over windows with a fresh copy. I was told by a mirosoft rep that you could not do a full format of your drive and start from scratch cause this is an upgrade from windows 7 Home premium. And windows would have to see windows 7 behind it.And I do not know where to buy the full version even though this is free. I want windows 10 pro on disk system bulder the Oem version if they have it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
once upgraded i used jelly bean to get my new win 10 key and then did a fresh install (yes formatting the drive and starting over) using this key and the iso i downloaded from the MS site through the media creation tool.

worked fine for me. this was an upgraded version from win 7 and not an insider build.

Status
Not open for further replies.