Can't install Nvidia 353.62 Windows 10 driver. Says it's not compatible?

crysisman546

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
So just today, i installed my free Windows 10 Home upgrade. I noticed that windows auto update can't be turned off and it was preventing me from uninstalling my previous driver. I did install the driver before upgrading, but i can't set my resolution, and Windows says i just have a Standard Microsoft adapter or something like that stuck at 1280x720 resolution.

I have a GTX 970. I disabled Windows update in services.msc so it won't start up, and then i was able to uninstall the driver so i could reinstall it, but now i can't because it comes up with this error.

http://i.imgur.com/RFb1KDQ.jpg

I don't know why this is, because the driver 353.62 IS made for Windows 10.

How do i fix this? Because i would like to use my native resolution (1920x1080), and play my games. Other than this, i have not had any other issues with the OS.

UPDATE: I fixed my issue, by using GeForce Experience to update and install.

Solution
Go ahead and download the driver from Geforce.com During the install make sure to specify that you want to perform a clean install. If that doesn't work, uninstall the drivers from Programs and Features and Device manager. Be sure to include the NVidia audio driver.

Also if you video card is overclocked remove the overclock.

Yes this is posted on another thread. But it seems to apply to both.

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Go ahead and download the driver from Geforce.com During the install make sure to specify that you want to perform a clean install. If that doesn't work, uninstall the drivers from Programs and Features and Device manager. Be sure to include the NVidia audio driver.

Also if you video card is overclocked remove the overclock.

Yes this is posted on another thread. But it seems to apply to both.

Solution

crysisman546

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Actually, i fixed it by using GeForce Experience. Thanks for the help anyways.

JoelSF

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015

Can I ask how you managed to fix it? I'm having a similar issue on my computer at the moment.

crysisman546

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012

Download this: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

From here, you can install new drivers automatically, or manually. It'll even give you desktop notifications of new drivers.

Richard Bell

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012

I reinstalled Geforce Experience from the time I updated to Windows 10...my gtx 660 ti is STILL crashing on a regular basis.

TRENDING THREADS