UNactivated Windows 10 LIMITATIONS? and 8.1 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Hi everybody.
I am wondering does anybody know any limitations from unactivated windows 10?

From my two days experience, if your windows is not genuine, you still get updates BUT you can't personalize and after like 5 hours you get annoying message that tells you to activate windows. If you restart PC, message is gone.

Any other limitations?
And I am wondering, is it better to go to cracked windows 8.1 or to use ungenuine version of 10. I don't know how much time will pass till somebody figures out how to "activate/crack" windows 10 :)

Solution

With a Retail Win 7 or 8.1 license, you can reinstall on new hardware. As always, 1 PC at a time.
If you Upgrade that to Win 10, there are other limitations...

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
I am supposed to give 199$ for software in the country where salary at the end of the month is around 250$
Not everyone is living in US, or big countries in Europe or Asia.

I buy legit games on steam, wait for sales, buy movies etc etc. I can afford to give 10$ for game, but I can't * afford to give whole paycheck of my mother for windows -.- Give me a break. I WILL buy windows when I have the money. I buy all my stuff and I am not proud for piracy. But windows is the ONLY thing I EVER pirated. Yes I rent movies. Sometimes I download tv series and music. Don't have Netflix here. Welcome to Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Now please, if anyone can give me straight answer on my questions. That would be cool.

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

I am sorry. It's really frustrating when you can't afford windows and have to find solutions such as this. I found windows 8.1 key on G2A for 25$. I will save for few months and buy it so I can upgrade for free. Until that moment, I am hoping limitations won't bother too much. And thank you for normal answer.

Btw. If you buy windows, and new pc in 3 years let's say. Can you transfer your windows or what? Is windows stuck on hard disk, motherboard or ?

USAFRet

Titan

With a Retail Win 7 or 8.1 license, you can reinstall on new hardware. As always, 1 PC at a time.
If you Upgrade that to Win 10, there are other limitations:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/reinstalling-windows-10-after-upgrade/578d0b7f-57e4-4893-b9d1-6cfac0d6290a?auth=1
Q: What happens if I change the hardware configuration of my Windows 10 device?

A: If the hardware configuration of your Windows 10 device changes significantly (e.g. motherboard change) Windows may require re-activation on the device. This is the same experience as prior versions of Windows (e.g. Windows 7 and Windows 8.1). The free upgrade offer will not apply to activation of Windows 10 in such scenarios where hardware changes reset Activation.

Solution

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

I am supposed to get stipend in next year or so. I would buy new gpu, 4gb of ram and psu. Would that qualify for a windows reset? And would I be able to use same key, I already used to confirm it's me or I would have to buy another one. I doubt I am gonna change my motherboard.

USAFRet

Titan

GPU, RAM, PSU...no problem.
Motherboard is the critical item.

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Then it's fine.
G2A is my only chance or to wait till somebody crack windows 10. I hope there is chance for that. Every windows till now was cracked. Despite the crack I will still buy legit version.

Thank you for answers :)

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
They are sensitive to growing economies and usually target a much cheaper OS to those countries. So you can always wait until they do make those versions available.

Right now I would check on the availability of Windows 7 Starter edition.

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

Difference between starter and pro editions?

USAFRet

Titan

A lot.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/14422-compare-windows-7-editions.html

And you can't buy Win 7 Starter.

USAFRet

Titan

Mirza Iris

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014

What would be cheapest price I could get that?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windows-7-Home-Premium-64-Bit-English-Deutsch-FR-NL-SP-/191266565623?hash=item2c88602df7

Is 20$ price range ok for cd key?
Srry for so many questions but I am really determined to buy legit windows in the next year so I get a free upgrade :)
I don't like piracy

USAFRet

Titan

Let me rephrase my previous comment:
Windows OS + ebay = scam

There is no 'cheap'. It costs what it costs. If you find it significantly cheaper than the major retailers, it is almost certainly not legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.