Switch to "N" version possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wgustaf91

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Hey I had windows 8.1 and already upgraded for free to windows 10 home. Now I want to do a clean install of windows 10 with a usb drive and their create media installer program. What I want to know is if I can possibly use the windows 10 home N version? I like the idea of not having the stuff I may not use if I go for 3rd party softwares for videos and the like. Will it work or will it not let me since I didn't have an "N" version of my windows 8.1?

Solution
not a lot of point really mate the n version just doesnt have the media stuff for the eu market, which can be removed easily anyway from the normal version. the kn version is for N version for Korea.
and thats just 2 shortcuts removed from the desktop with no associated software being installed on your machine.. you can just delete them.

it really isnt worth the time or effort to go through the install again.

wgustaf91

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Yeah I only thought I'd ask first because I don't wanna end up with a wiped drive and not having 10 install correctly. Then I'd have to reinstall 8.1 and download the correct version for my usb drive and try again lol.

not a lot of point really mate the n version just doesnt have the media stuff for the eu market, which can be removed easily anyway from the normal version. the kn version is for N version for Korea.
and thats just 2 shortcuts removed from the desktop with no associated software being installed on your machine.. you can just delete them.

it really isnt worth the time or effort to go through the install again.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.