New graphics card display trouble.

Solution
Great card in 2009. I'm taking it for granted you checked to be sure it was properly seated and you have the 2 6pin power connectors plugged in. Lets see the 4890 requires a 600w power supply so if your 650w is a real 650w of a good brand that should be good. Usually when a motherboard detects a VGA card plugged in it disables the on board video unless you have it setup in Bios to support it. Did you pull the card the test the on board video? It could be a Driver issue I'd check the blogs and see what driver works best for that card in case the current drivers doesn't support it.
Great card in 2009. I'm taking it for granted you checked to be sure it was properly seated and you have the 2 6pin power connectors plugged in. Lets see the 4890 requires a 600w power supply so if your 650w is a real 650w of a good brand that should be good. Usually when a motherboard detects a VGA card plugged in it disables the on board video unless you have it setup in Bios to support it. Did you pull the card the test the on board video? It could be a Driver issue I'd check the blogs and see what driver works best for that card in case the current drivers doesn't support it.

Solution