No video signal after upgrade (ASUS GTX 650 Ti Boost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DictatorBanana

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I was installing everything with relative ease so I left my computer unattended to go eat some food. When I came back, the computer had restarted and sounded fine except there was no video output. (I aIso couldn't hear the hard drive spinning), thinking this was normal, let it sit for about 3 hours before I got suspicious. So I tried all of the availiable video ports (except displayport) and none of them had a signal. I let it sit for about 2 more hours, still, nothing. So I tried turning it of and back on again. Still, nothing. Any help is much appreciated.

Solution
Hello DictatorBanana

I assume that you are able to see the vendor logo when the PC boots up.

If this is the case, can you please check if you can boot in to the Safe Mode? If you can get to the Safe Mode, go to Device Manager and remove any graphics driver from there.

Let the PC boot normally using the standard video driver and then install the graphics card driver.

You can learn how to get to Safe Mode in Windows 10 from this tutorial.

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck!!
Hello DictatorBanana

I assume that you are able to see the vendor logo when the PC boots up.

If this is the case, can you please check if you can boot in to the Safe Mode? If you can get to the Safe Mode, go to Device Manager and remove any graphics driver from there.

Let the PC boot normally using the standard video driver and then install the graphics card driver.

You can learn how to get to Safe Mode in Windows 10 from this tutorial.

Let me know if this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.