GPUs performance dropped significantly overnight (literally).

OGSirbe

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
So I'm using:
SLI MSI gaming GTX 980s
i5-4690k (OCd 4.4)
16gb 1866
Windows 7 64 bit

So, my GPU performance was awesome when I first built my PC, now I recently moved and went to set up my PC again and now my GPU performance is significantly lower! In Firestrike I used to get better than 98% of others. Now I get better than 34%. For Heaven I used to push upwards of a 2100 score and now my score is barely reaching 1000. My ingame fps has dropped significantly too. In The Witcher 3 I used to easily reach 60 fps on Ultra 1440p (with in game vsync enabled). In BF4 I used to push 120 fps 1440p (with ingame vsync disabled). Now in Witcher 3 I get roughly 27 fps and BF4 I get about 20-25 fps.
It seems that my CPU usage is way higher in game and benchmarks than my GPU usage. I never received a bottleneck problem before. But it clearly seems that my CPU is trying to do most of the work rather than my GPUs.

I've attempted many fixes, I have done a ton of Googling, posting to forums, posting to reddit to try to see if anyone has had the same issue. Can't seem to find a solution.
I have updated my MB bios, my chipset driver, properly uninstalled my GPU drivers then installed the latest. I have done every nvidia tweak that I can think of (high power, single monitor display, force rendering, etc.)
I have run multiple virus scans, driver cleans, process killers, and cleaners a bunch of times and nothing has showed up problematic.
I can upload my gpu-z sensor screenshots if necessary, everything seems fine when I check them over but I could be missing something.
I have made sure that my bios is set up to accept both GPUs and not my IGD.
I also pulled out 1 GPU and tried to run single card setup but I still received the same issue.
Provide any additional details you wish below.

This is literally ruining my gaming experience. I used to have the dopest rig (as in, it used to run perfect for me and what I wanted to do). I'm running out of options, I feel as if I have reset everything so trying to fix this that I'm essentially starting new but it's still problematic.
Do I have to flash my gpu bios to see if there's an issue there? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall Win 7 (If so, How?)? Could both of my GPUs crapped the bed overnight? I didn't bang break or shock them.

I'm minutes away from junking my pc and buying an xbox!!!!! (Just kidding but maybe)

KKAW

Admirable

These guys are also facing similar issues, seems like you just have to wait it out

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2742422/nvidia-gtx-780-underperforming.html
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2742457/high-gpu-usage-gtx-770-low-fps.html

Let me check out my own graphics card and see if there is any problem.

andreii707

Reputable
Apr 25, 2015
Did you check the RAM too, just to be sure. I faced a similar issues, turned out to be the RAM, I may be wrong, worth a shot. How old is your PC?