How to get my mini PC to fill the TV screen

goodgenie4u

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I have a Minix Neo Z64 mini Windows computer for media centre uses. The OS is Windows 8.1

The connection is to the TV using HDMI. However only the centre portion of the TV screen not the full screen id displayed.

Can some one step me through the process to fix this?

Solution
Right click on the desktop. Select Screen Resolution from the menu.
On the next screen, make sure the Brand and model numbers are correct.
If it is showing the name and model of the TV, click on the Resolution bar, and set the resolution to whatever the native resolution of the TV is.
If it is not showing the brand and model of the TV, you will need to contact the company whose brand name is on the TV for the driver file for the TV. This should be a folder with a .inf file + 2 other files in it.. Once you have that, you can open the Control Panel, click on System, then Device Manager, then Monitor which should expand the Monitor entry to show the TV entry. Right click on the TV entry, and select Update Driver Software. Point it at the...
Right click on the desktop. Select Screen Resolution from the menu.
On the next screen, make sure the Brand and model numbers are correct.
If it is showing the name and model of the TV, click on the Resolution bar, and set the resolution to whatever the native resolution of the TV is.
If it is not showing the brand and model of the TV, you will need to contact the company whose brand name is on the TV for the driver file for the TV. This should be a folder with a .inf file + 2 other files in it.. Once you have that, you can open the Control Panel, click on System, then Device Manager, then Monitor which should expand the Monitor entry to show the TV entry. Right click on the TV entry, and select Update Driver Software. Point it at the .inf file folder, and after a second, the correct name of the TV should appear.

If it does, restart the computer, and then once you are back at the desktop, right click the desktop, select Screen Resolution, and this time it should be showing you the name of your TV, and the resolution slider should let you set it to its native resolution.

Solution