INTERNAL POWER ERROR issue with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amithmohan

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I have upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and every now and then the systems goes into restart with an error that says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution

A lot of forums have suggested the graphics card to be the culprit. However after much fiddling with my graphics drivers (nvidia geforce GT610 ) I was still getting the same error.

I have since discovered that by changing the power options for my hard drive to turn off to 0 mins ( never) seems to have cured it. I noticed the error seems to occur when shutting down the pc or accessing one of my mechanical hard drives after sitting idle for some time. I usually expect to hear the hard drive spin up as it comes back from idle at these times...

Jongreeny

Reputable
Aug 23, 2015

A lot of forums have suggested the graphics card to be the culprit. However after much fiddling with my graphics drivers (nvidia geforce GT610 ) I was still getting the same error.

I have since discovered that by changing the power options for my hard drive to turn off to 0 mins ( never) seems to have cured it. I noticed the error seems to occur when shutting down the pc or accessing one of my mechanical hard drives after sitting idle for some time. I usually expect to hear the hard drive spin up as it comes back from idle at these times. This was not happening and then the error would happen.

Ever since I changed this setting I haven't had any problems. Maybe not the source of your error but worth looking at.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.