Volume Slider not changing volume (Creative SB X-FI) Astro A50 Optical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark12000

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hello tom's Hardware! Haven't posted in a while :p So the yesterday I decided that I'd install Windows 10, maybe catch up with the times a bit, so when I was still on Windows 7 :)D) I noticed that my A50's volume didn't change when I moved the slider (???), so I tried removing the optical cable and USB that powers the MixAmp and putting it back to no avail, then tried upimdating the firmware of both that and the headset, nothing.

So I update to Windows 10, figuring that it'd just fix itself.. 2 in the morning I'm stuck trying to fix this...

So one thing I noticed is that usually sound runs through a thing called "SPDIF Out (Creative SB X-Fi)" but now sound is running through "Headset Earphone (2- ASTRO Wireless Transmitter) instead. I figure that's the problem so I tried setting the SPDIF Out as the default device, but now I get no sound through that, so that's a bust. Just remembered something important, the overall sound slider doesn't work but the individual sliders for programs work, don't know what's up with that. :??:

Picture time:
aMuxQgt.png

So... any ideas on what it could be? Please remember that it didn't start after updating to Windows 10 but when I was still on windows 7, no idea why. Thanks! ;)

Solution
Well thanks for the help but I just found the problem.... really stupid, I had the optical cable plugged into the input port not the output.... it must have been like that for a long time because I haven't been back there for a while. Well thanks anyway mate!

mark12000

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012

That's because I'm in volume mixer not the normal thing, right click the volume icon to go there, here I'll put a pic up -

v8g6GCG.jpg

royalcrown

Distinguished
I am on the same wavelength, just seems the new drivers in 10 have more options under "playback devices > properties" there are some bugs for sure. My output (green rear) is labeled as input. Any advice i'd have is just a guess as I only have onboard sound and a plantronics headset which works fine.

mark12000

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Well thanks for the help but I just found the problem.... really stupid, I had the optical cable plugged into the input port not the output.... it must have been like that for a long time because I haven't been back there for a while. Well thanks anyway mate!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS