Can i Factory Reset after after upgrading to Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0rvadaL

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
So, i installed Windows 10 from here http:// and downloaded it on a flash drive, then installed it on my computer, but now i want to Factory Reset my computer. That means the computer will be like when i bought it and only have the programs and settings that came with the computer. Can i do it with no problems now that i've Upgraded or will i get Windows 8.1 back, because i DON'T want that.

ejEJoF0.png

Dachi_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
guys i upgraded to windows 10 from windows update when i had 8.1 now i want to get 8.1 back , so if i do factory reset will i have it activated ? i mean will it use my key , the key that came to this Laptop ? will i have it officially licensed activated when i do factory reset ?

USAFRet

Titan

How long ago did you do the Upgrade to Win 10?

Dachi_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
few months ago, the option get back to windows 8.1 is gone now , but when it was , i used it but then windows 8.1 was bugged it was all blackscreen , i somehow managed to open taskmanager then run go to windows update and upgrade to windows 10 , the option is gone but still i would not use it cuz then 8.1 is buggy and you cant do anything and now i want to use factory reset setting and i want to know if i will have activated like it came at first time

USAFRet

Titan

By "factory reset", is this something that was put there by the manufacturer? Was this a prebuilt and OS installed system?

Dachi_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
i have DELL Laptop, i dont know if it was put there by the manufacturer , i had Registration Document installed and some Dell things , and at back of laptop it says Win 8.1 .

Dachi_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
i did remove everything once and that registration and dell programs got removed wait ill search for screen cuz i had topic in this site before about deleting these programs

USAFRet

Titan

OK then yes...it was preinstalled by Dell.
So yes, a 'factory reset' should bring it back to exactly how it came from the factory, activation included.

Dachi_

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
in update and security there is 3 options keep personal files and reinstall windows ( win 10 ) , Remove everything and reinstall win i did that few time (it ill install win 10 again ) and Factory reset install windows what come to this pc it means that iwill install 8.1 im talking about that

USAFRet

Titan

I don't see how it could reset back to 8.1, but you could try it.
See what happens.

commander_bond

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Sorry but this is not a solution.. Im in the same scene.. but not a controversial one..
Im going to upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and I wanted to know whether there will be a factory restore which will put a fresh copy of win 10 so I can have a clean installation... partition once again..

GlennAaron

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
dude, i want to ask too, now after upgrading to win 10, i've got a big issue, the biggest is my laptop screen turns green and pink, TWICE, and i want to factory reset, and by that, the go back to windows 8,1 is not available anymore, my laptop runs win 8.1 when i bought it, so if i choose the "reset this pc" and choose the "restore factory settings" what will happens? since i think i want to get back to win 8.1, more stable (IMO cause 3 days after upgrading to win 10, my laptop screen turns green

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/laptop-screen-goes-pink-and-green-after-couple-of/0f932645-4121-4672-bc5e-221717a2d92b

this was my issue, and today 13 jan 2017, i got the same problem again, wtf

please help

GlennAaron

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017

hey, how about the progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.