Automated Volume Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethric

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Loving windows 10 - just need some help changing one thing. In windows 8.1 I noticed it from time to time but it didnt seem quite so obnoxious.

To give an example of my problem - if I'm playing music and say a message comes in over the facebook app - it quickly fades the volume of my music down to nothing then plays the "ding" from facebook then fades my music back in. It does this to games, teamspeak, facebook.. basically, something (im guessing windows) is thinking they are helping me out by playing priority sounds.. well.. i want to decide whats a priority and what has what volume. So I want to disable this feature.

To give you guys some specs - im using a MSI GT60 3K laptop.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Solution
Press Windows Key + I. Click "System." Go to "Notifications and Actions." From this menu, you may manually turn off notifications for individual apps, or turn them off altogether.

If you want to keep notifications, but prevent the sounds from playing, right click on the Sound icon in the taskbar and select "Sounds." In the "Program Events" box, scroll down to and select "Notification." Go to the "Sounds" dropdown, scroll all the way up and select "None." Press "Apply."

If none of these fit what you want, you can try this: Go to the Communications tab in the same dialog as the Sounds tab, and choose "Do nothing." I haven't tested this myself, alas.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Press Windows Key + I. Click "System." Go to "Notifications and Actions." From this menu, you may manually turn off notifications for individual apps, or turn them off altogether.

If you want to keep notifications, but prevent the sounds from playing, right click on the Sound icon in the taskbar and select "Sounds." In the "Program Events" box, scroll down to and select "Notification." Go to the "Sounds" dropdown, scroll all the way up and select "None." Press "Apply."

If none of these fit what you want, you can try this: Go to the Communications tab in the same dialog as the Sounds tab, and choose "Do nothing." I haven't tested this myself, alas.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.