Windows 10 to Windows 7 roll back; keyboard/mouse not working

WarrenPeace

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I just upgraded to Windows 10, but due to issues with my network adapter, I rolled back to 7. Now I am getting no input from my keyboard and mouse. I can't even access the bios. I've verified on my laptop that the keyboard and mouse function. I'm at my wit's end. Any help would be appreciated.

Slashgeek

Admirable
If you are unable to access the BIOS normally after Windows 7 rollback, but were able to do so previously, then try performing a BIOS reset. Remove the CMOS battery for several minutes, then reinsert it, and start your PC again.

thejesseadams

Reputable
Nov 8, 2015
I had the same issue, but I was able to boot into safe mode and the keyboard/mouse worked there. Afterwards I booted as normal and they both worked. It was almost as if there was a check in place after the rollback that couldn't complete.

XCadeBlackIce

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
This will work if the mouse and keyboard will not work in windows 7 or safe mode after you rolled it back from 10 without a recover disk or file. This is how I fixed my system. I pulled my hard drive and used a bare hard drive USB device and connected it to another windows 7 system I have and went to C:Windows\System32 and copied the (drivers, DriverStore) and the Blue DRVSTORE file on the good system and overwrote the files on the bad drive. Some files will not overwrite due to permissions just skip them. Open Blue DRVSTORE file on good system and bad drive and delete the files on bad drive that don't match. Put drive back in system and boot. If fixed my problem. Sorry I can't pin point which file to copy so I got them all. I got pissed.

XCadeBlackIce

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
I tried bios reset, disable usb and then turned them back on. I tried PS/2 mouse and keyboard. I tried usb keyboard and mouse touch pad and nothing. Over writing those files worked for me.