Windows 10 Update Background Intelligent Service Won't Start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GomezI

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
Hello, I recently upgrade to windows 10 and so far everything is great except. My Windows update wont download the updates it only gives me error 0x80246008. So I tried to solve it on my own by using these steps.

I suggest you to try to manually reset the Windows Updates Components and check if it helps.

Please follow the below steps to reset the Windows Updates Components:

1.Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.
2.Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Type the following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it.

Now you may try running the Windows Updates and check if the above steps resolve the issue.

But after following these steps I found out that "BITS" wont start and it gives me error code 2147942402 in the CMD. How can I fix this?

Solution
I had the same issue and tried countless solutions. The one that actually worked was to run msconfig and change my "startup selection" to "normal startup" then reboot.

anon654

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I had the same issue and tried countless solutions. The one that actually worked was to run msconfig and change my "startup selection" to "normal startup" then reboot.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS