Is Windows 10 Compatible with all software?

SuicidalCookie

Honorable
Oct 3, 2014
Okay so I am not going to upgrade to windows 10 straight away, that would be a stupid move on my part, i have waited for reviews and it seems good and I think I would like it. But i know windows 8 had a lot of software issues... For instance I use Steam for games will that run fine on windows 10? will everything that runs on windows 7 (that i currently have) work on windows 10? for instance video editing programs, 3D modelling programs like Maya and Zbrush? or will it take quite a long time for all the softwares to update their products to the windows 10 standard?

It shouldn't take long for software vendors to push out updates to make their products compatible with Windows 10 if they aren't already. That said, I would check for updates to any software that you absolutely must have working under 10, and then do a bit of Googling to see if any major issues are being reported for a given software package under 10. Be sure to look for patterns though, as one or two reports of something going wrong does not validate a major compatibility issue.

Kistent

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
All software? Absolutely impossible.
I’m certain you wanna experience this new os very much. But kindly advise you to go to the software’s official sites or win 10 compatibility center to check out whether those products you’ve mentioned are compatible with 10 before you finally clicking “get windows 10”.
I can just tell, after upgrading my 64-bit pc from 8.1 to 10, my frequently used programs before like office 2000, photoshop (cc version), vlc player, winx dvd ripper run quite well.

Colif

Win 11 Master
There comes a point when you have to assume it won't get an update if its been over 5 years since the last one. Win 10 runs a fair chunk of the software designed to run on 7 & 8, its just older drivers & programs that you may need to run in compatibility mode. It will never have everything as there is just too much software but most of the popular programs work by now.

There are work arounds for most problems but sometimes you just have to buy something new.

TRENDING THREADS