Black screen with flashing underscore upon rebooting help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Kimbrell

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire 5830TG-6642 Laptop, i upgraded to windows 10 last night and upon opening my laptop today and resuming i cannot proceed past a black screen with a flashing underscore in the top left corner. Any help is appreciated!

Solution
This is most common when an operating system is not detected on bootable (active) media. Start by making sure that any extra storage devices are removed (DVDs, USB, Media Cards, etc.). Next verify that your hard drive has boot priority in your systems firmware (or manually attempt to boot to the hard disk using a boot device menu in firmware setup). If you are sure that your system is attempting to boot your hard disk and you are still getting the flashing underscore only, you may need to attempt a boot repair from Windows 10 installation or repair media.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
This is most common when an operating system is not detected on bootable (active) media. Start by making sure that any extra storage devices are removed (DVDs, USB, Media Cards, etc.). Next verify that your hard drive has boot priority in your systems firmware (or manually attempt to boot to the hard disk using a boot device menu in firmware setup). If you are sure that your system is attempting to boot your hard disk and you are still getting the flashing underscore only, you may need to attempt a boot repair from Windows 10 installation or repair media.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.