Alt-Tab Issue- ~2s Black Screen/HDMI

domxnik

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
I seem to be having a consistent issue with alt-tabbing out of games since my upgrade to Windows 10. Whenever I alt-tab(using both alt or windows key) my screen goes black for roughly two seconds then shows HDMI in the top left corner as if I turned my monitor on and off. I had this issue in Windows 7 but it was fixed by simply changing the refresh rate of the game it was happening on, but now it's happening to a large portion of my games that I never had a issue with when I was running Windows 7.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
I think it's caused if your monitor settings in game are not exactly the same as your desktop. HDMI absolutely hates changing resolution, refresh rates, or color depth. Even when booting my computer up, DVI turns on almost immediately, but HDMI takes about 2 seconds.

domxnik

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014

It only started happening when I switched to Windows 10 though. I never had to mess with settings in the games it's happening to now.

Maxime_1

Reputable
Jan 15, 2016

Thank you so much man, worked for me. I'm using 3 screens (2 monitors (hdmi) and 1 projector (dvi)). I switched my projector to HDMI and my main screen (for games) to DVI and it fixed the issue for me !!!

THANKS !!!
I've been looking around for days without a serious fix !