Windows 10(clean install) With Multiple Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew0223

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014
Hey guys, glad to be here. I'm looking into do a clean install using the Windows 10 ISO file.
But I have one main question about the installation of it. I have 2 hard drives in my build.
Lets say... I have one 320 dedicated to my OS, my ( C: ) drive. I also have a 1TB split into 2 partitions of 500GB. If I do a clean install of Windows 10 on my C: drive will it affect the content of my other hard drive? I wouldn't think it would, but I'd love someone else's knowledge on this.

Solution
No. It won't affect your 1TB drive unless you format it during windows installation. Make sure you know which drive represents your 320GB and 1TB.

Good luck

gyoung91

Reputable
May 31, 2015
No. It won't affect your 1TB drive unless you format it during windows installation. Make sure you know which drive represents your 320GB and 1TB.

Good luck

Solution

Andrew0223

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Truly just hoping I don't somehow mess this up. I moved all of my important documents and pictures to the 1TB. I'll get back with you when I'm done to let you know how it went! Hopefully from the new OS.

USAFRet

Titan
I upgraded a laptop with two partitions, C & D. No problems at all.
I upgraded my HTPC/house server, but I did disconnect all other drives, just to be safe. Having the main backup drive die wouldn't be much fun...:)
Reconnected them after. No problems.

Andrew0223

Reputable
Mar 22, 2014

Actually, lucky for me! I'm answering from Windows 10 right now :) So far it's been a good experience but I'm not sure if it'll stay that way haha. Took a long time to install but that's just windows :) Thanks for the tip on the hard drives. Can't believe I didn't think of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.