Avermedia C985 Capture Card with Asus VG248QE 144Hz Screen Tearing!!!!

ebaydan777

Honorable
Jun 11, 2014
Hello everyone,

I have a dual PC setup for streaming Prepar3D flight sim. Currently my Stream PC has decent specs with a 960SC+ and my gaming pc has 980Ti and the works.

I have the main display cloned and sent to the streaming PC via HDMI and I see both monitors are reading 144hz in the nvidia control panels. For some reason I get bad screen tearing with the HDMI from gaming to streaming pc..even though I have xsplit and the card set to 60fps at 1280x720. Not sure whats going on...Is it possible to connect the hdmi to my monitor and capture that way to bypass any lag from the GPU's or what am I doing wrong? Thanks!!!

xTyDiRiUmx

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
Hey man, I'm having a similar problem. Same monitor, Avermedia Live HD capture card. My issue is I can't get any display through my monitor when it is plugged in through the capture card. Windows keeps making the noise like it finds the connection, but then nothing comes up but the blue "No HDMI connection". I've tried everything. The VGA adapter into the HDMI port works, but that does nothing for me as it won't carry audio through. I don't understand why I can get my monitor to work through the capture card.