IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
also note: the f5 version of the BIOS had usb fixes and could be the root cause of a memory corruption problem.

yes update the BIOS and see if you still have the bug, if you do then you have to:
run cmd.exe as an admin, run
verifier.exe /standard /all

then change the memory dump type to kernel or full and reboot your system and wait until you get the next bugcheck and put the memory .dmp file on a server and post a link. your first bugcheck took 16 hours, using verifier should reduce that down to a reasonable test time)
Note: run
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off verifier after you are done testing.
-------
Well, there does look like there have been many bios updates for your machine, current version is f7, you have version f2
but the type of error you have in your bugcheck does not look like the typical BIOS bug unless it is a memory timing issue.
(the execption is bugs in the BIOS usb support might cause memory corruption problems with USB drivers like this one:
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\usbaapl64.sys Wed Jun 10 23:08:10 2015 (provides support for Apple iPod/iPhone Mobile USB device driver)

I think it looks more like a data corruption issue. So update the BIOS, then boot memtest86 on its own boot cd, if the tests pass then boot into winodow10 and verify your windows files, run cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfc.exe /scannow

if there are any unfixed errors then run:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

-----------------
you had a service pass a bad memory address to the windows kernel, the address generated a page fault because it was not in memory,
it was a service that passed the bad address in.
svchost.exe (sorry it is a generic name for hosting various services so I can not tell which one, basically some service talking to a driver)

machine info:
BIOS Version F2
BIOS Release Date 04/17/2013
Product Name Z87-D3HP
Product Z87-D3HP-CF
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage 8ah - 1.0V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 7000MHz
Current Speed 3600MHz

Ziplockbags

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Thank you guys for your indepth answers, currently I am trying to download the F7 version for my BIOS but anytime I try to run the program it says not compatible with my 64 bit OS and I can't seem to find a 64 bit download for it.

Ziplockbags

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
Currently trying the @BIOS tool Gigabyte offers, I googled around a bit and people told me to try this. Will report back. Thanks again guys!

Update: Updated the BIOS, will wait to see if it gives me the IRQL issue again. Thanks a lot guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.