Realtek Installer is taking over 12 hours???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosie_Posie

Reputable
Aug 1, 2015
So I've recently updated to windows 10, as several other people have, and I noticed that my sound was completely awful and I found a thread on here explaining that I needed to reinstall my realtek driver so I can have MaxxAudio back. But the thing is... I went through everything the installer needed to do and after it uninstalled the last audio driver, I've been stuck on the reinstallation of the "newer" audio driver for 12+ hours. I kept my computer running all night but it still hasn't finished??? I've troubleshooted everything on my computer and it keeps coming back to say that it's not enabled and I'm super confused. I'm typically good with computers but this is just bull. I downloaded the realtek driver from the main website here -> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 3521.... Please help!

Solution
Perform a System Restore operation to before you uninstalled the driver. You may do this by selecting "Power" from the Start Menu, and clicking "Reset" while holding down Shift. Go to Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then System Restore. Uninstall the audio drivers yourself manually, then prevent Windows from automatically installing the audio drivers. Navigate to Advanced System Settings via Search in the Start Menu. Go to the Hardware tab. Select "Device Installation Settings." Click "No, let me..." then select "Never install driver..." Press Save Changes. Press "OK." Reboot. Now install the new audio drivers yourself. After this, remember to reverse the steps for preventing Windows from automatically installing drivers.

Slashgeek

Admirable
Perform a System Restore operation to before you uninstalled the driver. You may do this by selecting "Power" from the Start Menu, and clicking "Reset" while holding down Shift. Go to Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then System Restore. Uninstall the audio drivers yourself manually, then prevent Windows from automatically installing the audio drivers. Navigate to Advanced System Settings via Search in the Start Menu. Go to the Hardware tab. Select "Device Installation Settings." Click "No, let me..." then select "Never install driver..." Press Save Changes. Press "OK." Reboot. Now install the new audio drivers yourself. After this, remember to reverse the steps for preventing Windows from automatically installing drivers.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.