Windows 10 Mail app can't connect to Gmail..

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
Hi,

I'm extremely disappointed to see that Windows 10 Mail can't seem to connect to my gmail.. does anyone know a fix to this? Screenshot attached.

Windows10_Mail_Issue.png

Solution
Check your firewall settings. I had all manner of problems until I saw that a SVCHOST entry in my firewall program list as marked as "changed" following the Windows 10 upgrade. I changed this to "allowed" and it worked just fine.
If that doesn't work, make sure that you have disabled 2 step authentication on your Gmail account.

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

I can't even get the account edit screen to come up. The entire program is an unstable mess for me :/

giantgeekuk

Reputable
Nov 14, 2014
Check your firewall settings. I had all manner of problems until I saw that a SVCHOST entry in my firewall program list as marked as "changed" following the Windows 10 upgrade. I changed this to "allowed" and it worked just fine.
If that doesn't work, make sure that you have disabled 2 step authentication on your Gmail account.

Solution

drumrocker365

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the ideas. The firewall is enabled fine, and I am not willing to disable 2 step authentication. That's just madness. I've resolved the issue by switching to Mailbird :)

Status
Not open for further replies.