Windows 10 Freezes constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoonPepper

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SPEAK WHATEVER. THIS IS A DISCUSSION
[Problem]
So I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro with the Media Creation Tool so I could skip the wait and after a while the OS just stops right where it is with no BSOD or anything.

[Questions]
Does this happen to anyone else?
Is there a way to fix this?

[What I think is wrong]
I also think its the load that makes windows 10 crash for me because if I idle on the desktop with all tasks ended then it just runs fine, but once I run a game or benchmark it just freezes after a few minutes.

Solution
I think it's a hardware issue. That FX 9590 is technically a highly highly overclocked FX8350. I suggest trying to add a little bit more vcore and see if that fixes it.

TheMoonPepper

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

My BIOS is up to date, and I don't overclock anything.
My specs are:
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 290X 8gb version
CPU: AMD 9590fx
PSU: EVGA 850 watt Silent Series
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx r2.0
Case: Phantek Enthoo Pro
Storage: 256 SSD and WD Blue

TheMoonPepper

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

I'll try that and see what happens

it also depends on what version of windows you updated from. Any version before windows 7 and the system will attempt to verify all the sectors on the hard drive and relocate bad sectors.
(this happens after windows 10 is installed as a background idle process, happens on windows 8.x also)

if your system is still responding, use resource monitor to find out what is going on.
if the system is "hung" then you can force a bugcheck using a registry setting and the keyboard, then look at the memory dump and see where the system was hung up. (most often in a graphics driver)

Kapplah

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
So I'm also getting freezes, whether in game or idling. Seems pretty random as to when it occurs. One thing i did notice is that im also using the 9590 cpu So I'm assuming the root of the problem comes from that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.