Windows 10 Cortana Search Bar Problem

Thomas Allen

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello, everyone!

I am enjoying Windows 10 very much, but I don't have the option for the Cortana search bar. When I right click on the taskbar and hover over Cortana, I can only choose between hidden and icon. Does anybody know what might cause this? I haven't seen anyone else talking about it. I tried to change the value in the registry to 2, but that didn't help.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Thomas

Solution

Greetings Thomas:

Re-install Win10 and make sure you select US as Region during installation. You can modify the language/time and keyboard settings later. Apparently, there are some issues with Cortana even in other English-speaking countries.

By the way, I live in Denmark, which is not listed as a Cortana...

GreyCatz

Distinguished

Greetings Thomas:

Re-install Win10 and make sure you select US as Region during installation. You can modify the language/time and keyboard settings later. Apparently, there are some issues with Cortana even in other English-speaking countries.

By the way, I live in Denmark, which is not listed as a Cortana region, but I installed Win10 as if I were an American. Later, I went to the Personalization section and adjusted my Time/date and language settings. Now Cortana works fine even if it isn't supposed to in my country.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS