Headphones mic not working in Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClutchBerry

Reputable
May 7, 2014
I'm using a Turtlebeach x12 headset and have had no problems with it for a few years now. When I upgraded to Windows 10 the audio on the headset was coming through fine but the mic wasn't working anywhere. Before you ask, I have the jacks plugged in the correct areas and the main thing is that they have worked before.

I decided to go into Realtek audio settings to try and make sure the connections tasking was correct and as far as I know they were. When the pink jack is plugged in I check 'Mic in' and when the green jack is plugged I check 'Headphones'. However the mic still doesn't transmit anything while the audio does work.

After that I uninstalled Realtek and upon restart new drivers for my headset were installed and the mic worked perfectly. However, upon powering on my computer again Realtek was re-installed and thus my mic was not working anymore, and now whenever I uninstall Realtek it reinstalls again.

Now I don't know what to do as the mic simply doesn't work at all with Realtek and I can't figure another way to use it or to fix it. Any help?

Solution
You can prevent the automatic updating of drivers by performing the following steps. Navigate to Advanced System Settings via Search in the Start Menu. Go to the Hardware tab. Select "Device Installation Settings." Click "No, let me..." then select "Never install driver..." Press Save Changes. Press "OK."

Once these steps are completed, retry the steps that worked for you.

Slashgeek

Admirable
You can prevent the automatic updating of drivers by performing the following steps. Navigate to Advanced System Settings via Search in the Start Menu. Go to the Hardware tab. Select "Device Installation Settings." Click "No, let me..." then select "Never install driver..." Press Save Changes. Press "OK."

Once these steps are completed, retry the steps that worked for you.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.