No display from motherboard while graphics card is plugged

Melih Habip

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
I recently wanted to make a two screen display from my computer. MOBO is fatal1ty Z85. I tried it with multiple graphics cards (3 different) but the problem resumes. When there is no graphics card plugged in to the motherboard everything works just fine, but once I plug one in, motherboard stops sending display. One of my screens is connected to the graphics card and one is connected to the motherboard, both through VGA slots. When the graphics card is plugged, motherboard cuts giving a signal. I tried going in the BIOS and turn multiple screen option on, but no help. I tried connecting a single monitor to the computer while graphics card is plugged and the MOBO doesn't give signal but the graphics card does.

Please help, I could not find any article similar to my problem. Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you!

icejawa

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I do believe that this is happening because you installed a driver for the graphics card and that makes it the main and only video source unless you uninstall it or reset the CMOS

Melih Habip

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015

I did reset the CMOS, but it didn't change anything. I have not, previously, installed any specific drivers for any of the cards. Windows loaded basic display adapters for them, which without would not function(I guess).