are 120hz monitors better than 60hz for PS4?

eldud

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
hi!
is there any difference between these types of monitors for consoles too?
or this technology for PCs only?

thanks

Solution
More points:

1) The HDMI input on some (most?) 120/144Hz monitors may only work at 60Hz anyway.

2) If you're thinking HDTV's with 120Hz or 240Hz options for smoothing motion then absolutely do NOT turn that feature on. It samples several frames then artificially creates new ones which adds a lot of input latency. It's still a 60Hz input.

3) As said, no advantage, plus I'm not sure if the PS4 will even have a 120Hz or 144Hz option during setup anyway. I suspect 1080p@60Hz would be the highest supported.
More points:

1) The HDMI input on some (most?) 120/144Hz monitors may only work at 60Hz anyway.

2) If you're thinking HDTV's with 120Hz or 240Hz options for smoothing motion then absolutely do NOT turn that feature on. It samples several frames then artificially creates new ones which adds a lot of input latency. It's still a 60Hz input.

3) As said, no advantage, plus I'm not sure if the PS4 will even have a 120Hz or 144Hz option during setup anyway. I suspect 1080p@60Hz would be the highest supported.

Solution
yeah, the way those tv handles higher refresh rates, it makes them look... well, for the lack of a better word.. cheesy.
if it was a movie, it's like watching "the making of.."
it does make them look 3d for some reason. not sure if all tv's are like that though, just an observation