Crashes and BSOD's Need help with Minidumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilt735

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I upgraded to Windows 10 over Windows 7 and I can't run it out of safe mode for more than a few minutes before it crashes. Upon attempting to reboot the computer gives BSOD's until it gives me the advanced options allowing me to boot into safe mode.

I believe the problem has to do with either incompatible software or bad drivers. I have a large collection of Minidumps, but do not have the knowledge nor means to analyze them. Any help deciphering the problem would be appreciated!

Zip file with minidumps: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx3EW1sZoDqKeWtndGppWllwOHc/view?usp=sharing

Solution
you have basically two bugchecks one in the graphics driver because of corruption and another in a kernel routine.
your machine is not stable so reset the BIOS to defaults and try and remove the two drivers listed below and reboot.
you might also attempt to install a new copy of the file igdkmg6.sys located at:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys

(systemroot should be "c:\windows")
-you might also plug in another video card, and disable the built in one to see if you can get it to boot ok

in case the actual file is corrupted. The file in memory is corrupted, you need to find out if the file on disk is also corrupted.
it looks like your system crashes very fast (35 seconds or so) so you might have to boot on a another image...
In short, save yourself the trouble. If things were fine with windows 7.
My advice is stick to it.
Wait a bit longer. There is always a gap between MS releasing a new OS. And driver support.
If some of your hardware is older than a year or more, it takes third party vendors some time to start rolling out drivers that are compatible with windows 10, that work ok with win 7.

One of the reasons why I never jump straight to a new OS when MS release it.
I always wait a few months, for better driver support and compatibility.

you have basically two bugchecks one in the graphics driver because of corruption and another in a kernel routine.
your machine is not stable so reset the BIOS to defaults and try and remove the two drivers listed below and reboot.
you might also attempt to install a new copy of the file igdkmg6.sys located at:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys

(systemroot should be "c:\windows")
-you might also plug in another video card, and disable the built in one to see if you can get it to boot ok

in case the actual file is corrupted. The file in memory is corrupted, you need to find out if the file on disk is also corrupted.
it looks like your system crashes very fast (35 seconds or so) so you might have to boot on a another image of windows and replace the files manually. (and delete the two other drivers)

-------------
looking at your bugcheck, most current one first.

first one: bugcheck in the graphics driver because something corrupted the stack.
I would remove these drivers:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 01:28:46 2011
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\AsrRamDisk.sys Thu Jan 12 20:52:38 2012

you might want to update the BIOS
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme3/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

(processor voltage listed below is strange)
machine info:
BIOS Version P1.30
BIOS Release Date 12/05/2012
Manufacturer ASRock
Product Z77 Extreme3
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Processor Voltage c2h - 6.6V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3400MHz

Solution

Tilt735

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

Thanks for looking at the dumps, but I have a few questions for clarification.

Where do I find a new copy of igdkmd64.sys? Is it something safe to download from the internet? Or will deleting it cause windows to generate a new one?

Is the integrated Intel Hd 4000 driver corrupted or the nvidia driver for my GTX 670?

Also if I update the BIOS should I download all the latest updates and install them in order or just the most recent one?
Thanks for taking your time to help me.

Edit: New updates, I took the igdkmd64.sys out of the drivers folder and I am now able to boot up out of safe mode without it crashing, but only if I set the BIOS to use the onboard Intel graphics. If I switch to use the dedicated card it fails to boot. I have the latest Nvidia drivers, but should I reinstall them or rollback to a previous version.

Tilt735

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013

As it now stands if I set my BIOS to use the onboard graphics as the primary display adapter the system will boot up correctly and is stable, but it is only using microsoft's basic display adapter and running at a low resolution. In addition the device manager will show both the intel display adapter and the Nvidia GTX 670 with errors. Intel code 52 and Nvidia code 43. If I switch the setting in the BIOS to boot using the PCIE card it will result in a failure to boot with either a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error or an IRQl_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. Disabling one display adapter or the other seems to have no effect and I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.