Windows 10 sleep mode help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimJaynor

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I just did a clean install a few days ago when it launched and whenever I leave my computer for a while my computer goes to sleep. This happened on windows 8.1 and it was fine, but now with windows 10, as soon as I move my mouse to wake my computer up I see that all my running programs lost connection to the internet and are sometimes not responding forcing me to restart them. Also my computer fans go crazy when I wake it up now, like I just turned my pc on. Is this just a part of windows 10 or can I disable this type of sleep mode somehow?

Solution
Make sure the mb BIOs is up to date and your mb chipset drivers and video card are, too.

In Windows Power Management you can tell Windows not to turn off the USB and PCI slots. This should keep your fans from going 100 miles an hour and your Ethernet from dropping.

Also, turn off power saving on the ethernet port.
Make sure the mb BIOs is up to date and your mb chipset drivers and video card are, too.

In Windows Power Management you can tell Windows not to turn off the USB and PCI slots. This should keep your fans from going 100 miles an hour and your Ethernet from dropping.

Also, turn off power saving on the ethernet port.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.