Does 60gb ssd is enough for windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yes is enough, in my PC Windows 10 take 31GB on HDD * I have separate 49GB partition only for Windows and drivers now I have still 18GB free space on it all other staff programs and games are on another partition :)

It will run.
But...
The problem is that many other things want to go on the "C" drive.
Even 120gb tends to fill up quickly.
Once a ssd reaches 90% full, it loses performance and endurance.
SSD's seem to be on sale, do try to buy a good unit that is larger.Look first to Samsung evo and intel 730.

In a short answer, yes it is to start with. But in time, you will fill it up. I started with a 60gig SSD, and worked hard to make sure nothing else went on the drive. After about a year, I finally went and bought a 120gig SSD, and stopped spending so much time trying to keep stuff from going to it. After another year, I have about 65 gig on my boot drive. I still manage what goes onto it, I just don't nit pick about it as much.
There are other things than just the OS that benefit from the SSD.

I would suggest for a boot drive, a 120 gig minimum.

As time goes on, and SSD's get cheaper, I am thinking seriously about getting another larger SSD (500gig) that I can return to using as a boot/program/app drive, and resort to using my mechanical drive purely for data storage. Why? Simply because everything on that SSD is so much a pleasure to use. Its snappy and fast, and before long, when you use one for yourself, you will see what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.