waking up from sleep problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

kluchgts

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
I always put my computer to sleep at night before bed, after I installed W10 whenever it wakes up I get a grey screen with the number 90 in the bottom right corner. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Solution
well the most reasonable answer to your question is that nobody knows how to fix it because its a bug in windows 10/ or you have a corrupted install. and despite the fact that millions of people beta tested this thing, its still buggy (shocking, i know). the only two solutions are 1) win10 is bugged or 2) you have a corrupted install/upgrade. you can either wait for microsoft to patch (which may not even fix your problem) or do a clean install. reverting back to your old windows version should be possible, given that all of your old windows files are saved under windows.old in your C drive. or, do a clean install of win10, which is highly recommended. if it still happens after, its microsofts fault. and if they did patch it and its...

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
dont install win10? its less than a week old, bound to have issues. especially if you have been putting it to sleep every night, and then all of a sudden you have problems after upgrading to win10

kluchgts

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2013
but it's not a week old. people have been testing it for months maybe years. and that's not exactly helpful advice anyways, I can't just re install my windows 7. Microsoft released an update that was supposed to fix sleep a while ago.

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015
well the most reasonable answer to your question is that nobody knows how to fix it because its a bug in windows 10/ or you have a corrupted install. and despite the fact that millions of people beta tested this thing, its still buggy (shocking, i know). the only two solutions are 1) win10 is bugged or 2) you have a corrupted install/upgrade. you can either wait for microsoft to patch (which may not even fix your problem) or do a clean install. reverting back to your old windows version should be possible, given that all of your old windows files are saved under windows.old in your C drive. or, do a clean install of win10, which is highly recommended. if it still happens after, its microsofts fault. and if they did patch it and its still happening to you, you have a corrupted install

i've been putting my recently win10 upgraded from win 7 laptop in and out of sleep since install with no problems

Solution

indiferenc

Reputable
Jul 3, 2015

Yes. Back up anything you want to save and you would have to reinstall any programs also. This is the only way to remedy a corrupted Windows install

Status
Not open for further replies.