Windows 10 Really Zoomed in

Joey1616

Reputable
Dec 21, 2014
I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and now my computer screen is really zoomed in. I have updated my latest graphics card drivers and have selected the highest screen resolution (1920x1080) and it still is really zoomed in (my desktop icons can't fit on the screen because it's so zoomed in). Also, just to be clear, it's zoomed in everywhere (on chrome, settings, file explorer, start menu, desktop etc.)

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Solution
right click on desktop, display settings
try the top slider on display choice, "Change the size of text, apps and other items"
I like it all the way on left, at 100%

Lazzie

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016

This worked for me. You're a legend dude

Ebzer83

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016

Before you mess with any settings just try unplugging your optical cable from your monitor. In most cases this will be the HDMI cable.

My computer just had a Windows 10 update and before I logged into the PC everything was zoomed. I messed around for 30 minutes testing everything I saw including the HDMI scaling. But I had never changed the scaling before.

Many monitors and TV's used as monitors automatically download drivers when you plug them in. At the same time your computer automatically detects the device when you plug it in. My guess is that when the update happened those previously saved settings were lost. By unplugging and then plugging the monitor back in, the PC will sync itself with the monitor.

TRENDING THREADS