So my laptop turned off during Win 7 -> Win 8 upgrade. What do... HELP! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
So today I was upgrading my 5 yo 32 bit Windows 7 laptop to Windows 8, but I didnt notice the power cord was unplugged and windows was stupid enough to let me continue in installation. It turned off while the upgrade was on 10%.

So now, everytime I turn my laptop on, it says "system_thread_exception_not_handled :( " and restarts, resulting in the same message. I was stupid enough to not back up my system.

I tried to create bootable 32 ISO with available MS windows 10 media creation tool link , but my working desktop PC is running 64 bit so I cant even run it.

I have Windows 7 product key on my laptops back, but no bootable windows DVD or USB.

What should I do :( download pirated Windows 7-10? Is there any other way?

Thank you

:(

Solution
no, i'm saying that 64 bit version gives the option to create either 32 or 64 or combined (works on both) bootable usb/dvd

Bear in mind that it also gives multiple OS choices like home/prof and you would need to choose one that matches your windows for it to work.

so win7/8 professional, 10 prof, otherwise pretty much it's home.

mat1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
So youre saying that the difference between 32 and 64 bit media creation tool is that you can run it on 32/64 bit system, but the final Windows 10 ISO will be working on both 32/64 bit system?

no, i'm saying that 64 bit version gives the option to create either 32 or 64 or combined (works on both) bootable usb/dvd

Bear in mind that it also gives multiple OS choices like home/prof and you would need to choose one that matches your windows for it to work.

so win7/8 professional, 10 prof, otherwise pretty much it's home.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.