Windows 10 is a piece of garbage, PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedstang

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
So, a few days ago, I got the notification that Windows 10 was ready to install. I installed it and was trying it out today, but it's completely AWFUL. It's far more complicated then my old 8.1, and honestly I feel like I'm on my phone with this thing, the customization options are horrible. Anyways, I would like to go back to Windows 8.1, but I don't know how. I searched google and it said to go to settings, then Update and Security, then recovery, and click something that says return to windows 8.1 or something like that, but I don't have that option!!!! The only thing it shows is something that says Advanced Startup. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!! I completely hate this OS, and I can't live with this thing on my gaming PC. Get this piece of garbage off my PC!!!!!!!!!! Help please! How do I get it off and get back to 8.1????

Solution

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Your comment was totally unnecessary. If you don't wish to help or properly answer a question... you shouldn't comment.

NOW.. as for your question... Have you tried doing this:
http://www.nirmaltv.com/2015/01/24/how-to-downgrade-from-windows-10-to-windows-8-1/

Speedstang

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015

I tried that but the recovery menu isn't showing the remove everything and install windows option OR the go back to a previous version of windows option. It only shows an advanced startup option. What do I do? I barely installed Windows 10 less than 24 hours ago.

Speedstang

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015

What product key??? My computer came with nothing but the box, mouse, and keyboard.

USAFRet

Titan

To unlock the super secret window to go back, you have to log in as an administrator.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Same PC:

Logged in as a regular user:
3GPP3nN.jpg

Logged in as adminstrator
oloZFdj.jpg

Speedstang

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015

Well, I just clicked the solution button on accident while trying to hit the reply button, but you might be right.
If I log in as an administrator I'll have the option? I'm on a standard user account right now with no admin access.

Speedstang

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015

The top one is exactly what I see right now, I guess you are right, so I would've put you as the solution anyways. Thanks so much :D :D :D
Now to get this garbage off my PC.

USAFRet

Titan

I had exactly the same concern initially. "Why am I not seeing the other options?!?"
I switched accounts...poof, there it was.

KarterJK

Reputable
May 25, 2014

Windows 10 is not progress, but a regress. Why on earth anyone would want this piece of trash over other versions is beyond me. LOL progress, that is a good one.

As for the OP go Windows 10 forums, they have the solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.