Are the moderators overworked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHenryB

Admirable
I fear this must be the case as my clear condemnation of the software reseller G2A (in this thread: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2747872/windows-key-multiple-versions.html ) has been read by one of them as a recommendation. I think that if any sensible person were to read what I actually posted they would find it difficult to see this as a recommendation. The OP (whose Best Answer was subsequently deselected by said moderator) clearly understood me as he says "Guess I won't be using G2A then".

But, like a bull in a china shop the moderator deselects his choice of BA and then threatens me with sanctions against my account. I would respectfully request that before threats are thrown around like this it would be an idea to read, and then re-read, what is posted.

I can tell from your rather soft approach on illegitimate software vendors that you have never been the target of Microsoft's legal team. Of course the moderators are not going to allow a Tom's Hardware BA to have any relation or affiliation with a non registered vendor.

after reading the thread in its entirety i agree that you have a point - it looks like your post was misread and there was a certainly misunderstanding of intent. as such, there will obviously not be sanctions against your account.

however, with that said, creating a snarky call-out thread condemning moderators for a misunderstanding (as i read it) really isn't the right answer here. a simple PM to a the mod in question noting you think they made an error, to one of us asking for a second opinion or a thread created just noting that you feel an error was made (without snark or condemnation) would be more appropriate.

while i would not say we are overworked (remember the mod team is volunteer not paid staff who do this on their free time) there are times where we are busier than usual and can certainly accidentally overlook something. we are humans not robots so sometimes may read something different in our minds than what is actually written. everyone might be on edge right now because of the vast influx of windows 10 threads and the rash of illegitimate copies of windows people are asking for assistance with in upgrading.

my condolences on the misunderstanding, though please accept this and drop the matter. i'll drop a line to let G know about the thread.

if you wish to discuss this further, please do so via PM to G or one of the other mods and we can help you out.

---

thanks,

ssddx
tomshardware moderation team

C'mon McB, I'm sure I saw you wearing this T-shirt a few days ago.

2hd3bx1.jpg

Nah, just kidding bud. Had to offer a little humor anyhow. If you can't laugh at life, you'll cry.

g-unit1111

Titan

Well this board has an unusual stance on piracy especially with Windows 10 right now. I think I overreacted in that thread and I generally don't do that very often and I won't let that get out of hand again.

McHenryB

Admirable
The reason that I raised the point in a thread here was because I wanted a public refutation of a public accusation of supporting piracy. If the original thread had not been locked I would have pointed out the misunderstanding there.

I think I was correct to follow the moderators lead in keeping the matter public. Of course a private warning in the first place, which could have been refuted privately, would have been the correct way to deal with the matter.

Anyone who has read my posts on the topic of piracy would realize that I take a far more severe attitude to it (having depended upon copyright protection for my living) than Tom's does in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.