Unable to use 6th Monitor with AMD Radeon HD7750 Eyefinity 6

DevPeeps

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
A while back, I purchased a new desktop setup. I had 3 monitors, and I wanted 6. So, I bought a beast setup. A little lacking in funds, even though my motherboard can handle 3-way SLI, I decided to go with a basic 2G Eye6 card which has 6 mini-DP ports in a single slot.

My monitors have a mixture of display connectors, none of them being Display Port, so I went ahead and purchased 6 HDMI to DVI cables, and 6 active miniDP to HDMI adapters.

I am not using EyeFinity to treat it like one big screen, but am instead just using the standard Windows 7 display settings to extend my desktop to the 6 monitors. Initially this worked perfectly. Then, out of the blue, the monitor connected to "port 6" on the card started to lose sync and kick back that annoying error from the AMD Catalyst Driver stating that it lost it's connection.

I did some troubleshooting that was really quite fun, actually. I swapped the cables on two monitors.. I swapped two cables on the back of the card, swapped out two of the miniDP to HDMI adapters for direct passive miniDP to DVI adapters, I even replaced one of the miniDP to HDMI adapters, and HDMI to DVI cables - and no matter what I did or tried, the LAST monitor to be connected was always the one acting up.

So, now I am stuck with 5 monitors working and one black (because I unplugged it). If I plug in the 6th monitor ALL of them go black now and I get nothing at all. This is very frustrating.

AMD Driver: 15.200.1062.0
ControlCenter 2015.0715.2138.37093
Raptr 4.4.4 (build r100182)

Video Card: https://www.visiontek.com/graphics-cards/visiontek-radeon-hd7750-eyefinity-6-2gb-x16-pcie-graphics-card-detail.html

Solution

Oh I see now, Well it seems many others have problems running the 6 monitor display as well: http://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-Products-Express-Graphics-900614/product-reviews/B00C7EPSVS/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewopt_sr?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent&reviewerType=all_reviews&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

Unfortunately, every graphics card I find for eyefinity 6 always have reviews about a monitor just randomly not working.. It narrows it down to these choices: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5752R48521&cm_re=eyefinity_6-_-14-131-586-_-Product

or...

DevPeeps

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015

Work. While on a work support call I may have open (per monitor) webex, chats with team, wiki, kb, case, email, Google search or other website...

vlxedits

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Last resort you could always try getting a new video card that support your 6 monitor setup, probably was time for an upgrade anyway OR if you really want to, you could try and use a different monitor in place of that 6th one to see if its just an issue with that certain monitor.

DevPeeps

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
yea, I already tried different (everything) except the video card itself. different active adapters, different cables, different monitor.. even on the video card itself, if I plug in ports 1,2,3,5,6 .. and THEN 4.. monitor 4 won't work and they all go black. I could then unplug 1, so that 2,3,4,5,6 are plugged in, and it will work again.. It's always with I plug in the "sixth" monitor - in any slot.. that it wireds out.

DevPeeps

Reputable
Aug 3, 2015
yeah i was really hoping not.. perhaps its time to just cough up the coin for dual cards. any thoughts? not looking for tons of gaming power.. this 2G card does fine for me. prefer to stick with AMD.

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Hello DevPeeps, please give the Support Staff a call at 1-866-883-5411 or drop us an email at Support@VisionTek.com. Briefly, just a few things to check, make certain your power supply meets the minimum requirements, make certain you are using the latest AMD drivers (downloadable from their site) and that they installed properly, and make certain you are using enough Active DisplayPort Adapters. These are the commonly encountered issues we troubleshoot, with the focus on Active Adapters

9Soma

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
Hi DevPeeps, I recently bought the same Graphic card of visiontek. I am interested to know that were you able to solve the above problem?
When i contacted visiontek support, when I faced similar kind of problem with my 3 VGA displays, they told me, I should not use adaptors to the adaptors (Graphic card's mdp->mdp to dp -> dp to vga-> vga monitor). Instead I should use directly an mdp to vga active adaptor to drive my other (more than 2) displays.

Could you do anything different to solve the problem? Please share. These mdp to vga active adaptors are too costly.